Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: simple kingdom map

Guild Journeyer

Default simple kingdom map

hi guys!

im here to ask for a map.
    its a "piece" of a map, actually.

im writing a rpg adventure (free pdf), composed of 3 little adventures in 3 separate villages. i was wondering if anyone could help me with a map of this kingdom, much like havard's Thunder Rift map (http://www.pandius.com/thrmap.html)

so, it needs to be a "close range" map. not a detailed map, as i prefere it simple, but as if i could travel by foot and visit all villages/cities in a month of walking,

i like this map of fellow user: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ap-of-my-world

the cities and villages i have to include are:

Belars: city. its not the capital (i wont show the capital city yet).

Kelt: small village, 3 days from Belars. many people use the road in kelt to get to belars. theres a small forest surrouding half the village (like if it were a clock, the forest cover from 12 to 6, clockwise)

Hamming: village, 2 days from belars (oposite side from kelt).theres a small forest and a bridge to cross to get to belars, in the second day of travel (so maybe a river or something would be nice).

Kinnfort: farm village. lots of farming places nearby. no specific place to put in the map.

Rivels: village. no specific place, but it would be nice to be near a rocky terrain.

Turrens: village. no specific place

Piolt: small village (also know as "village of the elders". lots of veteran of war, so maybe it would be nice to have "dead battlefiled" zone near). no specific place

Aidalin: village . most elves (so maybe a forest near.) no specific ´place

so, this is it!
    im assuming that one could do 16miles a day.

all credits will be giving to the artist, and he can show the map in advance to anyone he wants. i could add name, email, and any info he desires.

thanks in advance guys

Guild Journeyer

thanks a lot, friend!

Guild Journeyer

wow O.O

you sure are fast!

i will check my notes tomorrow, then i can answer you, ok? (loved the crossed swords!)

edit: oh, you missed Turrens could you put it between the forest west to kelt and east from aindalin? in the middle of those two forests and the river?

thanks!
    Last edited by rossik; 02-21-2011 at 07:00 PM.

oops! Turrens! ::eeek:: Sure Rossik, no problem....tell me if you would like separate trees rather than the fluffy forest, it's easy enough to do with Ramah's 'tree thing'. (bless Ramah!). I didn't know what you wanted for the landscape (so I put in the bare minimum) if you want marshes, little woods, hills etc I'll pop them in to make the map more interesting.

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    oops! Turrens! ::eeek:: Sure Rossik, no problem....tell me if you would like separate trees rather than the fluffy forest, it's easy enough to do with Ramah's 'tree thing'. (bless Ramah!). I didn't know what you wanted for the landscape (so I put in the bare minimum) if you want marshes, little woods, hills etc I'll pop them in to make the map more interesting.
    yep, i just checked my notes, and thats it!
    i made a crude paintbrush add to your map, just to show what im thinking on.
    i added a name to the montains "Gwynap Nud" (a goblin region)

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very cool gentlemen Looks like Ravells and I will be collaborators on this project
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Hi Rossik easy enough. Before I do it and put in Turrens, can you please get back to me on these questions:

> tell me if you would like separate trees rather than the fluffy forest,

if you want marshes, little woods, hills etc I'll pop them in to make the map more interesting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast