Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My new logo

Default My new logo

I thought I might take a crack at this. I've narrowed it down to 3 contenders:

Here are my thoughts:

'Arty Charty' - Meant to be fun (with the obvious resonances in the title). Pros: Looks cheap and cheerful. Cons: Looks cheap and cheerful, a bit too oblique in its reference to maps?

'Chartistry' - Clean and more mature looking. Pros: Looks upmarket and professional. Cons: Looks expensive and the rhumblines get lost at smaller scales.

'Earthworks' - Has an Industrial 2000 AD sort of feel to me. Pros: Comic feel (is that good?) Cons: the jigsaw pieces look a bit fiddly and don't really scale well. Suggests worldbuilding more than mapping?

What do you guys think? All advice gratefully received!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test logos.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	267.6 KB 
ID:	33424  

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Those are really cool! Ravs, it looks like I should hire you for my logo, those look great compared to what I've come up with

Lol! Thanks Gidde, there are much more talented people out there like this guy (scroll down for videos of him going through the process).

I think I'm leaning towards Arty Charty (perhaps Arty Charts sounds a bit better?). I do this for fun and the title isn't as pompous as Chartistry. I might make the logo a bit less cartoony....dunno. Let's see what other people think. Do you have a favourite out of the three?

Ah, I think I've got there. New idea. It covers both historical and fantasy cartography and gets away from the sphere motif. The logo is scalable, and works in any colour and shouldn't interfere with the map. Should be good for search engines too, hopefully.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hbd.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	33425  

Ohh, I like that. And thanks for the video link, off to watch it now!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I leaned more towards Chartistry - but I like kthe HbD logo - the bottom line is a little light, gotta be carefull in printing and against "messy" backgrounds
    ... if anyone is interested here are some I made
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Nice, tilt, I didn't know you do logo design as well!

I also liked Chartistry best but then you made the HbD one and that's very nice as well. Plus, it's just a cool name if you can snag control of it. It's almost like the first one who created an actual "widget". Anyway, really nice job. I'll have to think more about mine now.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast