Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: studioGidde Logo

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

And, here's a tack I hadn't tried with the green ... instead of medium with light outline, tried light with a dark outline. Better?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logo w context.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	123.3 KB 
ID:	33444  

I think there ought to be a lightbulb or candle on there somewhere. Then it would be "Gidde with de'light". Or maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    And, here's a tack I hadn't tried with the green ... instead of medium with light outline, tried light with a dark outline. Better?
    I think that nails it!

-Rob A>

@waldronate: lol. (Yes, I really do laugh at bad puns. My husband loves me for this.)

@robA: Thanks!!

@Jax/Ravs: Guys, if you really want to build websites, I can tell you this right now: Mock up the most detailed faux website you can get to in PS/Gimp/Whatever. Size it at around 800x500 (we can make it stretch to larger resolutions when we do the coding). Then we'll have something to work with and I can help you make it work in browsers. Oh ... and put EVERY SINGLE ELEMENT on a separate layer.
    Last edited by Gidde; 02-12-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Nope, because that's the way vector works already (each is an object). The idea is that you want to be able to isolate each object into a separate .png file when you go to do the coding.

Edit: As an example, on the website above, the parchment is a file, but each map-overlay corner is its own file or it wouldn't work. So I really do mean every single element, don't merge ANYTHING.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

What you want to do is try your idea on lots of different things to see how it works on varied images. As to the actual logo, is it the compass with SG or is it the background as well? I say this because it works fine as a business card or web header as it is right now...I might brighten the dark red and make the green a bit more vivid and less muted, though. I understand the color theme you're going for but maybe just a bit brighter red and less muted green. If this is going to be a logo you may have to swap colors out entirely as the won't look the same without that map background.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Yeah, I found that out when I tried to make the smaller version for my avatar. I think the "thumbnail" version (which will be just the compass and SG I think) needs to be completely redone in vector. In the meantime, I've been grabbing it with the map background so I had *something* that didn't look horrid. Well, it still does look horrid, but it looks less horrid than it did when I lost the map background.

As for the colors --- I actually tried that combo, and it ended up looking like Christmas invaded my page I'll have to play with the scheme more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast