Thread: CC3 How do I avoid losing work even when autosave is on

Default CC3 How do I avoid losing work even when autosave is on

Jeeshh!

Several hours are lost, again, because it seems that its not saving properly. I have been working for a long time with a map and CC3 crashes, on version 3.42.

However, not too seldom, CC3 crashes, and all the work is lost. Even when autosave is on. What gives.

Autosave is on and I even press ctrl+s once in a while to avoid loosing work...

Quote Originally Posted by axehigh View Post
    Jeeshh!

Several hours are lost, again, because it seems that its not saving properly. I have been working for a long time with a map and CC3 crashes, on version 3.42.

However, not too seldom, CC3 crashes, and all the work is lost. Even when autosave is on. What gives.

Autosave is on and I even press ctrl+s once in a while to avoid loosing work...
    Thank god, i just realised that Autosave.fcw exists .... hurra!!!

I recommend if you need to recover the autosave that you rename the file before loading CC3, lest it make a new autosave before you've had a chance to load the recovered map. I haven't had that happen in CC3, but it did get me once in another program.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

When Autosave is on, it will save a file called AUTOSAVE.FCW. So, if your program crashes, first thing you need to do is locate and open the AUTOSAVE file. This can be done outside of CC3, by navigating through explorer or search and then opening the file. See the image below for where my file is located.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AUTOSAVE.png 
Views:	165 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	33537
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave