Thread: Greetings!

Post Greetings!

I Found your website during a search. I have been a gamer for 30 some years. I have been on a... oh 5 year hiatus from gaming due lack of good gaming groups in my area and disinterest left behind from the prior experiences with those bad groups. I am was hardcore gamer when I played. I detested the hack and slash gaming from when I was a child and had grown to love the story, the background and lives of the characters and their development. I have had a love of maps since before I was a gamer and have always viewed them as a great device for telling the story. Anyway after these many years and several attempts to game long distance between an old friend of mine and I.
    I have begun to take up the gauntlet again and design my adventures. For the most part I spend much of my time gaming in a post apocalyptic world... a twisted version of our modern Earth setting. I freely mix elements of fantasy and technology. So to get my mind kick started I have begun a search for information and maps pertaining to this topic. I have unearthed many things from my old stuff but am missing several things (time and kids have taken their toll on my old man cave, I have just recently begun the excavation of said sanctuary, having beaten back the horde of my teen-age step sons). Any help I can find would be great.
    Thank you.

Wolf17

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild!

at this time the maps I use are old "weathered" survey maps and such for the players to look at besides one that I make up on the fly. I am always interested in new maps of military installation type or industrial or scientific outpost or just whatever to add to the stockpile. I have been know to use even old mall/ convention center maps with the you are here spot on it (scrounging game-play scenarios). I took a map from one of the Hawaiian islands and added a military complex to it... I wish I could find that one... anyway I look forward to perusing what you guys have while I get my imagination back online... lol

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Guild Make sure to have a look Here
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

thanks, I took a look at that. I guess I am looking more for stuff in the fallout chanre'... world destroyed... scavenged technology... information is like GOLD... the book of Eli feel...lol I still have some work to do. I was looking around for a world I gened several years ago can't find it either... darn my luck. I did however find a palatial resort style club that I made for D&D about 20 years ago. Got a good laugh out of that. I don't have a scanner or I would have put it on here already it was all done in graph paper and onion skin paper.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I've been thinking a lot about that Book of Eli feel, cool flick. The main thing that I think you would need is a bunch of destroyed cars and buildings. I've been drawing cars for 33 years...never tried to draw a destroyed one, though. Maybe I should start. Welcome aboard.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave