This is a topic that has come up at my game table more than once. The topic of economic in a fantasy setting. I don't know why, maybe its because all 7 of the gamers that meet around my table each week all work in logistics of one kind of another. Or maybe its that we alternate between playing traveller and pathfinder. But the topic of economic keeps coming up.

So I'd like to start a serous discussion on how economics in a fantasy setting would actually work. Develop a model that would present a plausible, functional, economics system for use in fantasy/historical setting.

This thread will work to answer questions like "What would a house actually cost in a fantasy setting?", "What would really be involved in setting up a shot in town?", "What all is really involved in starting your own tavern?", and the one they seem to gravitate toward, "What would it take to starting your own Merchant caravan?".

Now some of you would ask, "how would I use this in a regular game?" quite simply you don't need to. But It might come in handy when adventurers get to the point they want to set up a base of operations. This information will help you decide how much it will cost them to do it, where it would best be placed, and what all needs to be in it.

And you might be wandering what I plan to do with this information after we have worked all these details. Simple, I plan to compile it into a book and put it up on DrivethruRPG as a freebie.