Thread: The Seven Kingdoms of Hägrabönze

Map The Seven Kingdoms of Hägrabönze

Here is another map of a country situated on the first continent of my novel

Following the last comments about the background texture, I flattened it. I hope you'll like it.

This map represent the Seven Kingdoms of Hägrabönze.

Hägrabönze was, at the origin an only kingdom which spread from the North of the mountain range to the South.
    After a plot and some foreign interventions, the Kingdom split into seven. The four Princes and local revolutionary movements shared the power.
    At the moment where takes place the story, real tensions persist between some of these kingdoms.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hägrabönze.jpg 
Views:	1807 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	33545

(here is a link to the map of the continent : http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...4&d=1296335366 )

Guild Member

I like the style and name. This will all be in French, I suppose?

I quite like the look, but I'm not so sure about the snowcapped mountains. You generally use white for texts, then all of a sudden a geographical feature also appropriates the same colour, which confuses the eye - my eye at least.

Well, indeed the title and the scale are in French but the names of cities and countries are from my imagination. You won't find "á", "ä", "ö" or "ü" in French .
    Concerning the white on this map, perhaps the snowcapped are a bit to lighter? For the texts, I made a "golden effect" and on my computer letters appears in gilt. I can try to make these words more dark if really they seems to be in white.

Thanks for the comments
    >>>>>>>My finished maps!<<<<<<<