View Poll Results: Please vote for TWO (2) entries.

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *** January/February lite challenge VOTING - Into the Deep ***

I never really like voting on rounds I'm in and well....I fiddled around and missed the cut off this time. I thought we had another excellent round with all sorts of styles to choose from. I was waffling on who to vote for and thus left it to the last minute and missed the deadline. In this case it wouldn't have made any difference to the outcome however but I figured I would still mention my thoughts in case anyone cares. Besides, it's always nice to hear good things about your efforts.

lapada's was very well done and I think it's obvious he deserves to win this award.
    Dyson Logos' - I really liked the old school look with this. I was leaning towards voting for this one.
    geamon - great entry, lots of things to enjoy here. If I didn't vote for lapada's I would have voted for this one as well.
    pindercarl's - was also a really nice entry but to me it was less mappy than some of the others. Don't get me wrong, I liked it a lot. Especially those straining Kobolds pulling on the ropes!
    jtougas - also a great looking entry. I particularly liked the way you did the text on this. The silhouettes was a neat idea too but when they were rather large or a lot of them together it tended to be a little flat. Most noticeable was the Queen. You are better with every entry you do man so keep it up.
    meek - this is one to save to your game folder because it's something you can use for any cave/lair you need in your gaming world. There's something to be said for that.
    xyll - I always like your textures. I liked the purple stuff (mushrooms?) along the corridors. It added character. The long spiral heading in seemed inefficient for a group living underground as I would think they would have made some cross tunnels at some point although you did have the one secret exit along the south end. If I was using this for a game I think it would be a bit linear with the players only really having the one long tunnel to work through.

Finally, I would like to say thank you for all the fine comments regarding my own entry. It seems I end up in 3rd place a lot so if you can help me by pointing out what I can do to improve my work I appreciate it. When I initially scribbled this out on paper I was only half hearted in what I was planing to do. I think the next time I do something like this it will be better and more thought out, plus, I'll put some more effort into making sure I have my reference points more intact. This was just done freehand and not really expected to line up perfectly. I'm pretty happy with it for what it was. I did wonder if anyone would have a comment on the beaker since it made me smile when I added it on at the last minute but nobody said anything.

I may take a break for a month to get caught up on some other things but I look forward to being a part of these challenges next time.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Congratulations lapada for a excellent entry. Thanks to everyone that voted for my entry. I really enjoyed this one and it spawned a whole series of maps. Every month the competition is excellent and I feel like I get better with each entry
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Congrats, Iapada!!

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Congratulations Iapada! Enjoy your new trophy.
    Last edited by torstan; 02-20-2011 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Edited for terrible grammar.

hah oh thank you every one ^^ I will display this with pride

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12