Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World of L'Tiene Map Redraw Request

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Wip World of L'Tiene Map Redraw Request

I run a wiki for an RPG game I host on Myth-Weavers. It's pretty popular as we have several readers that don't even play in the game and we all have a good time with it

As such my focus is to run the game and tell a good story, as well as keep track of the massive in game world canonical data that goes into the wiki, so maps are a necessity, but my skills and time don't allow for the best maps in town.

I have some old maps done up in MS paint about seven years ago (attached below). I want a new geographic map redone similar to this style:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../wildlands.jpg

and a second map drafted for political borders. (transparent layers added in).

This is something I've been meaning to get to forever but my schedule never allows for the time and it's certainly more prudent to find someone that is better and faster at the job that will enjoy the task more than I would

The current maps are located here:
    http://ltiene.wetpaint.com/page/World+Maps
    *to see them in the context of the wiki

I don't need text or fonts (I plan on adding in data with interactive paddles found on scribblemaps (unless someone knows of something better). I just someone to make the land look good and match the current form and to have North face the proper direction (rotate tool). The form doesn't need to be an EXACT match, (artistic leeway granted) but it does need to line up pretty close as I can't have the distance between two kingdoms go from 5000 miles to a 10000 miles in story, but really the only spot dealt with in game at present is the kingdom of Tormauz.

Also if the land masses were adjusted some to look more natural, that wouldn't be a problem as I do want the maps to look good.

I wanted them to be huge in size and in non-degraded format (BMP, AI, PNG, w/e) and I have the original .bmp's and they are attached.

I can't spend too entirely much money (tips for sure) on this as it's a home brew project for fun.

Also, if desired, I am also a web designer and musician and I can work in trade if one needed those kinds of services.

Points of note:
    the black island is a wasteland of ash. There is possibly some hills and mountains, possible volcanic activity, but no vegetation or water.

The tiny island (L'Ordohnia) to the west of the black land mass is actually a floating city that was carved originally from the southern potion of the continent to the direct north of it and should line up as such proportion wise.

NORTH does not actually face up, please make it so (rotate tool) on the final version.

The World is actually about 23% LARGER than Earth, so this should be considered an "Artistic representation" map, not something drawn exactly to scale, as that undertaking would likely be a nightmare.

If you are super dedicated, the wiki is uber massive and has tons of in game data that could be mapped in, but this isn't really necessary and should be considered a large undertaking and largely secondary to getting a geographic map done.

Thanks much for considering this odd job!

Amabssador KLOK KAOS, A kLoKwErK kAoS,
    www.AKKsite.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L'Tiene, geography.bmp 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	33605Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L'Tiene political map.bmp 
Views:	77 
ID:	33604Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L'Tiene.bmp 
Views:	80 
ID:	33603

PS: If anyone is an RPG world builder/writer that is considered a major perc, though not necessary for map creation. The wiki has several writers at present but I'm always on the look out for new and interesting ideas and fresh writing perspectives

Thanks all!

Hey there. I think I might have the time for something like this. Feel free to take a look at some of my albums and let me know if you might be interested.
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 02-18-2011 at 01:56 AM.

Your work is excellent. I'd be proud to display your works and refer you as well.

Mods, you can mark this as taken.

Here is a sample of the finished maps!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L'Tiene.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	33832  

Is that a rainbow I see?
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

nice job with that there RE
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Definitely turned out great, plus the posted version is the "low res" it holds even better to pixelation at greater zooms for the full size document.

Work was great and really fast turn around.

Also, the rainbow is an artistic depiction of the "dreaming hills" which is an "Alice in Wonderland" style zone somewhat based on the subconscious of the viewer, some of it being it's own objective personality.
    Last edited by AKK; 02-23-2011 at 03:47 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Good job RE!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys! I always like working with people who actually have a full idea of what they want me to do and respond quickly to questions--AKK was an ideal client.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast