Thread: Wilderness Map Series in VTT scale

Wip Wilderness Map Series in VTT scale

So RPMiller sent me over to RPTools forums to upload Witch's Rock and subsequently uploaded other samples of work I've posted here. It turns out my Veilvale type maps were the most popular so I've been creating several wilderness maps for use in MapTool at either 1800 x 2400 pixel or 900 x 1200 pixel at 50 pixels = 5 feet scale.

Since the VTT scale maps are large to post by image link, I'm posting large thumbnails to view here, and links to actual PNG files between 2.1 and 8.2 MB in size.

Box Canyon Oasis - desert terrain, with a spring at end of box canyon. Someone desired a terrain for use in an Athas campaign.

At a suggestion, I created a swamp map - no trees, as would be placed by users of VTT application.

Attempt at a coral reef or offshore area map

box canyon oasis
    swamp
    Reef
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Thanks GP these are great. I also use a VTT (Battle grounds) which allows free scaling of maps so I'll be snapping them up. Thanks for all the hard work.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Post Ukiyo-E project will continue this week...

Ravs,

I will get back into the Ukiyo-e project later this week. I was just creating some new content on a different site, and I thought I'd show you what I was doing there.

As far as the Ukiyo-e project goes, however, I am going to have to be more creative as there is a lack of inspiration art. Both Hiroshige and Hokusai have excellent landscape Ukiyo-e art, but then these are seldom aerial nor 3/4 views rather standard artist views landscape art. Much more common are works of Kabuki actors, prostitutes, tea ceremonies and countryfolk.

I'm finding that I will have to invent much or the work and base on ukiyo-e style - so its tougher to accomplish.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Cool. You will be able to make something truly unique and beautiful and I can't wait to see the end result, particularly given the initial symbols you produced. It definitely will be hard work to produce, but the end result will be worth it!