Thread: The Brewery

Map The Brewery

Hello folks,

after finding so many fantasic maps on this site (and grabbing them for my rgp party), I think it's time to give something back

That's my first input: the brewery 'Steingrimm' (in my campaign: located in Bree, but of course it's generic and can be used elsewhere), exterior day view. Night view follows.

After working with CC + DD3 for some time, I left it behind and create my maps now solely with Photoshop.
    I used the amazing object sets of csuac and rpgmapsghare; the rest are selfmade textures.
    I hope you like it - I'm looking forward for your comments/compliments/criticism

Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brewery day sml.png 
Views:	272 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	33609  

Default Brewery - night version

... and this is the night version. Hope U like it too

It will publish an interior map of the brewery a little later...

Name:	Brewery Night sml.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	33610  
    Last edited by BaronHarkonnen; 02-17-2011 at 12:49 PM.

Very nice work! I have one little thing to nitpick though - the shadows. The daylight map really isn't too bad at all, though they do like they're just a drop shadow, but in the evening map, the shadows are still there, even though the light is coming from the lamps now instead of the sun! But other than that, it really looks great - well done

I think both maps are really nice but moutarde is right about the shadows. My nitpick though is you need to go in and finish the corners of the drop shadow off by hand so the structures don't look like they are floating. Otherwise, they are great!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looking really great - and now people have nit-picked about the shadows I'll do something else *lol* ... love the textures, nice and warm - however the barrels seems rather large to me - and the river looks way to shallow for a ship of that size. ... and the low bridge means the ship has to be towed back out... but all in all - great map
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Many thanks for the pro's & con's!

I worked on the shadows, fixed the overall light and addes some details ... here is version 2
    Some things remain unchanced (the barrels *are* big)

Name:	Brewery day sml 2.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	2.60 MB 
ID:	33639   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brewery Night sml 2.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	33640  

Map

... and here is the basement of my little brewery.

Again made with Photoshop only (although may have been a little easier with CC...)

Name:	Brewery basement.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	33641  

The helpful points where said so I'll just say I like it and I think I'm going to go have a beer now...thanks a lot
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Goood idea!