Thread: symbol imporing (how do you do it?)

Default symbol imporing (how do you do it?)

so i bought cc3 and the tutorial i followed i noticed has ALOT more symbols then the package i downloaded. i tried looking for some free ones and i could only find a few that i liked, but that wasnt my problem, i couldnt find a way to get them imported successfully into my cc3 program. if someone could give me some instructions on how this is done i would really appreciate it (btw i checked out the thread with the free symbols lit and it was somewhat helpful, if you know of any sites that have more symbols such as vegetation/ buildings or mountains that would be great also)

With CCIII it is pretty easy to do.

Open CCIII
    Select Symbols tab
    Select Symbol Manager (top selection)
    Select import from the lower button.
    Load the catalogue. (you can generate custom catalogues)

Also along the side with all the symbols you'll see a folder icon.
    Left click this and you can search for catalogues.

A few weeks ago I did an extremely long search on the web for available symbol catalogs. By far the best source was torrents - you can always find the oddest and strangest stuff in them, though I have had so much to keep me busy that I haven't gotten a chance to try them out. Also I have learned that I don't like CC and its symbol mapping as much as I thought I would.

There of course is the mystical CSAUC but I believe that when I finally found it, it was massively disassembled and thus would have taken far too long to download. The CSAUC is supposed to be the symbol holy grail. Profantasy has a link to it somewhere on their website if I remember correctly.