Thread: Invisible Symbols and Phantom movements CCIII

Question Invisible Symbols and Phantom movements CCIII

yea I know it sounds like a horror story. But that's what is happening. (long time lurker first time posting)

Been using CCII and CCIII for ages.
    Yesterday I spent the day creating symbols from maps.
    I selected groups then defined the symbol.

Everything looked good, saved them to a catalogue, lo and behold not all the symbols show up.....the assigned names do. Also when I do try place them on the map, I hit redraw, then they move from where I placed them on the map.

Not sure if I should have opened the files as CCII, closed them autosaving them as CCIII. Maybe that is why they aren't operating correctly. I just can't see that happening though.

This really frustrated me due to the number of hours creating all these rooftop symbols.

Thanks for any help on this issue.

Oh yea I've never updated my retail copy of CCIII since installing it. It's version is 3.11. What version is it at now?
    Guess I had better register for updates from Profantasy.

Check the sheets and layers of the vanishing symbols. Chances are, either the sheet or layer is hidden, or the symbols are being hidden by a sheet being drawn over the top of them. Remember that the CC3 paradigm is different from most other image editors. The sheets are drawn from the top of the list down, so whatever is in the last sheet on the list will also be the last thing drawn, and therefore be on top of the stack. It took me a long time to figure that one out.

I have no idea what the latest version is. I haven't opened CC3 in more than a year.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

The weird thing is the symbols don't visually show in the catalogue, but are there. Place them on the map and they show up. But move around after a refresh.

It's a mystery to me.

Wait, they move? That is strange. You'll probably need to wait for NeonKnight on that one, or go over to the Profantasy forum and see if anybody over there has any ideas.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

hMMM....I have an idea what 'may' have happened. Can you send me a copy of the FCW file where the Symbols were created and then the Symbol catalog as well please? It would help me to isolate the issue.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I am going to watch the Canucks game and then go down on the PC. (on the mac now)
    I'll send you the files afterwards.

Sidenote. I was born in Surrey. Live in Edmonton now.

Figured it out and sent you an e-mail neon.

recieved and replied. Glad it worked out.

Sidenote the second, Born in Prince George and now live in Surrey
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave