Thread: Carbon Skies

Default Carbon Skies

Alrighty, here's a map that's actually well on its way for once. It is for my Carbon Skies sci-fi setting, which I seem to be forever revising. I think at least the general form of this map, however, is permanent. As I revise I seem to be getting down to the core of what I want, so the changes aren't so big anymore, thank god. Mostly I'm going to have to work on how I want to encapsulate this map, and rearrange everything so it looks nice, and I might add another zone. Comments, questions and critiques are, as always, very welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tieram carbon skies.png 
Views:	220 
Size:	881.8 KB 
ID:	32794  

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Calls to mind dark TacOps rooms with otherwise transparent displays you can walk around and point to stuff on. Love it.

I like it. The only thing that I found difficult was the black print on dark blue background. It was hard to read. The rest is awesome though.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Journeyer

I'll agree with the other folks here and say that I like it, but here are a couple of suggestions.

#1 Make the text larger and another color. Or give it a background glow like your polities.
    #2 Don't use black as a color for your polities. It blends in with the background color of the map and makes it difficult to distinguish where the land ends and the ocean begins, but it also looks bad when you give the other polities a background glow. If you notice, for example, the orange polity in the upper right is bleeding orange all over the edge of the black polity next to it. It makes it look like the black polities are cut-outs in the map. Give 'em a color and it'll be easier to take in at a glance.
    “Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible.”
    -Mark Jenkins

I like it!
    M

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very Cool
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.