Thread: Completed: Alleyway Map for a Short Encounter

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Map Completed: Alleyway Map for a Short Encounter

Hi Everyone,

I have visited the forum often but never really engaged (not sure why) until now. I have tons of respect for many of the incredibly talented cartographers on here! I am posting this recently completed map in the 'finished' section because it is very unlikely I will revisit it.

This is for a short encounter we built for other players like us, wherein the players are led by a nimble elvish street urchin into his makeshift home. Only to be ambushed by 4 bandits shooting crossbows through the false walls so their corpses can be picked over and stripped of their possessions.

I would love some feedback or constructive criticism from the talent of the guild and plan to become a much more active member on this forum going forward. I ave always made maps and the like, but not until recently put my work out there for others to use and enjoy. Here's to growth!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alleyway Map.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	71001
    If you play Dungeons and Dragons or Pathfinder head over to my Patreon and download some free adventures and encounters HERE

Welcome to the Guild Travis! I like it. Do you actually use it as a battle map, or is it for reference only? No real criticism here, though I would recommend showcasing some of your previous works in our finished maps gallery. Look forward to seeing more from you.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Thanks. You are correct, this one is just for DM reference. As the map was a fairly simple 4 way alley, I thought it better to draw from a perspective to show more of the intricate details instead of a battlemap. This view I liked more for the topography of the surrounding buildings and things like the construction of the false walls and shooting slits.

You will definitely see much more of me here. Thanks for the warm welcome.
    If you play Dungeons and Dragons or Pathfinder head over to my Patreon and download some free adventures and encounters HERE

Very nice view!