Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four days to create a map

Default Four days to create a map

Greetings!

I´m actually playing Warhammer RPG, and next friday, my players will go to a place called BARREN HILLS. It´s a dry region, with dead trees, totally desert, with very mounts and caves.

I´ve only 4 days to design a good looking map. I´ve tried CC3, but it´s a little hard to me, interface a bit strange. I´m a designer and a expert in Photoshop and Illustrator, so I can design that map very fast using them.

Questions:

- Can I use the CC3 symbols and elements in Illustrator? And photoshop? How can I do it?
    - Is there some package to download with a lot of vectors symbols to design a map?

Help me! lol

Thanks
    Andre

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hmmm... I've imported some CC2 symbols into Illustrator some years ago ... but I seem to remember something going a little wrong with it - or being difficult. Try asking NeonKnight he knows all there is to know about CC3

Are you going to design a battlemap or a campaign map... for campaign maps I like Pasis' tutorial about making mountains (and such) used that for my Mountain Realms map AND its for photoshop.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Its a overland map. I´ve tried to export to AI but dont work (bad exporting).

I don't know about exporting the symbols to anything else, but it should work as they are simply PNG images after all. If you navigate to the folder for the Symbol Cataloags, you should find the PNG symbols.

Of course, if you want to make a map in CC3, just ask me where you are having diffculties.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

There are a lot of brushes in the elements forum such as Ramah's Aronbor Mountains and Immolate has used those to make some incredible maps, maybe you could look there as well?
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 02-21-2011 at 11:22 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

if you want to go for a satellite style map without symbols, then you can do it all in photoshop. If you want a symbol map, then for trees I would do a search for Ramah's 'Tree thing' which is a javascript program which will generate symbol forests for you against a png mask which you create. Takes about 20 mins to learn how to use if that. It comes with a standard set of trees.

For mountains and towns and suchlike, there are photoshop brush sets that you can download but you'll have to hunt for them in the mapping elements section (::edit :: oops, sorry Jax, I'm repeating you!)

I really want the brushes RAMAH used to create that map http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...4&d=1254147418

I think that he's very kindly put them in as one of the default sets for 'the tree thing' application he's written which you can download here. If you'd like to make your own brushes from them, then you might want to ask him first.

Well, this is gonna be enough for my session. Not a great job but interesting for first time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast