Thread: Introducing: me.

Guild Applicant

Default Introducing: me.

Greetings to you, fellow cartographers.
    I am a Norwegian man, vintage 1989 and I've been writing fiction since 2000, yes, since I was eleven years of age. Mostly I've done fantasy fiction, and I've got a project that takes place on the same planet that my older brother and also my best friend write their projects in. I've had a passion for maps since I was a kid and realized how I could find my geographic position in this vast world and also map out my path to another interesting location.
    Maps have mostly been a passion to study and get lost in, but now I've started making them myself.
    I attend a media school, and I'm currently equipped with the latest Adobe Master Collection for my work at school, something I also indulge in on my spare time.
    The maps I draw myself are mostly based on my fantasy fictions, and I use brushes provided by the hearty folk over at deviantart.com, some might even hail from here and the brushes they share has really helped me get my maps correct.
    As far as I know I'm not into sharing maps of my own world as I consider them somewhat classified, childish, yes but I'm very protective of whats mine.

If I create maps out of any personal context I'll be happy to share them with you.

unrelated: I also like hiking, working out, playing video games, and photography.
    My deviantart account is riddledim.com

also visit www.krissarts.daportfolio.com for my deviantart portfolio. Thank you for reading, have a good one.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hi lokes,

welcome to the guild. Feel free to share any maps you want to, there is no pressure here. However you might see a good map as an ad for your writing, cause I'm guessing that is what you want to make your money from and not the maps. A handfull of people in here make professional maps for rpg's and other things and when they show them here it is often in low resolution or with a watermark to protect their work and/or clients property, so that could be a way to go if you wanna share some of the more "private" stuff.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Guild. There are several ways you can share your maps and still protect them. I hope you decide to share
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Like JT said, I hope you share them as well. The longer you spend around here the more you realize that one of the biggest strengths of this community is the help you can get from us when it comes to providing comments and critiques that help people along the path from beginning mapper to someone creating maps that blow you away.

There are a few threads on the very topic of protecting your IP and still be able to post them here. Check them out and hopefully you will decide to follow the example of some of our resident pros.

Oh, and Welcome to the Guild, The Mappiest Place on the Web
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Guild Applicant

Just made a share-map as a tutorial for my fellow writers. I'll upload a full resolution one later. It's nothing much but it show my style and what I appreciate in maps. Mostly used brushes found on DeviantArt.com. I have no idea who made them though, my file-library is a hideous mess now. Due to downloading sooo many brushes!

Guild Applicant

Oh, and also, thanks for the warm welcome =)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Hello, I'm just new here and i think i will be enjoying here.