Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Urcys

Guild Member

I am curently trying to do the coast lines but I have no idea of what to draw in fact.

Ah, I see why you chose the icons now. So you want a map where you can see the the entire world, but also see a single village in it and what is around that village? Attached is the cover art image of a book called 'best served cold' by Joe Abercrombie...I gave my book away so I can't look up the name of the artist to give him credit (couldn't find it on google) ...is this the sort of look/feel you're after?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	best sc.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	268.2 KB 
ID:	33767  

Guild Member

Yes, this is the idea. I like the color (like old map paper) through I'm not so fond of the artwok on it, it gives a great global idea of what I'd like !

Guild Member

Trying to but to say the truth, I'm battling out with Paintshop Pro right now to try to do what you have told me. I'm not even able to make the fractale lines for now

No worries, have a look around the site and see if there are any styles you like. Don't worry about the coastline tutorial (lots of ways of skinning that onion). Post up some links to the maps which give you a good vibe and we can take it up tomorrow.

lol! Nice to have high standards. We may not be able to get all the way there, but we can get close.

If you have a printer/scanner, grab a black pen, drawn the coastline and post the scan up here.

I've just noticed that you're the person I did the datapad thing for.... is this the same project? That was science fiction and this one is much more fantasy/history

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast