Attachment 33776Name:  cc-by-sa.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  6.0 KB

This my base image. I'll be converting it into a Quatta Hive Map. Wish me Luck !!

In the NW area of the Tarsus region on the continent of Alteira lies the desert called Bakura. This desert is home to several Nomadic tribes of humans under the collective name of The Ta’Cottai. These fierce and reclusive tribes have ruled over this sandy bit of hell for centuries. There are many typical dangers here but the one feared by all dwellers here and in the surrounding regions is the ^^^^^^^^^^. It translates into “The Scourge” In all tongues.
The scourge are semi- intelligent ants of tremendous size . They live in underground “hives” such as are built by standard termites. The queens lay their eggs in broods which can lay dormant for decades .When they do finally hatch, they set forth like army ants leaving utter destruction in their path. The Ta’Cottai mostly avoid them when the broods are hatching. Destroying hives during dormant times and roving individuals at every opportunity. It is a right of passage to hunt and take antennae as trophy.
There once was among the Ta’Cottai a tribe who forsook all reason and honor to ally themselves with the Grey Scourge . This tribe is now “Quata” . This translates roughly into “The Shunned” The meaning is much deeper than that to Ta’Cottai. To them the Quatta not only don’t exist but never did. They are not hunted ,killed ,spoken to or even noticed. They are not worthy of being seen, thought about or remembered. If self defense requires they are squashed like a biting fly and left un-noticed where they fell.

The Quatta are however a very powerful tribe . Their alliance with the Scourge has allowed both species to flourish and their numbers to grow. The Quatta live in the hives and have ample food and above all water. Lots of water. Freed of the constant struggle to find food and water they have developed advanced forging and weapon making skills .A Scourge mounted cavalry unit is nearly unrivaled throughout the world and untouchable on the sands.
Their culture has advanced in other more subtle ways. Unlike their brethren they have developed to be very successful traders through the neighboring regions. They have become a powerful if hidden political power in most the surrounding courts.