Thread: I don't suppose I could get a second chance at spelling my name correctly?

Default I don't suppose I could get a second chance at spelling my name correctly?

I am a horrific speller. I always try to type words I rarely use and most of the time get it wrong. It might be nice to be humbled every time I take a look at the forum, but too much humbling is bad for ya. Maybe I'll try to dehumble myself in my signature somehow when that option is available to me.

Hi Sam,

Only the Admins (Arcana and RobA) have the power to make name changes AFAIK.

As this is only your 9th post, you could just re-register under your correct name?

best

Ravs

I could, but then I would have to make up a new email address that I would never check and probably never remember.

Actually I think I figured it out. I had to change my email on Connifer to something phony so I could use a legitimate email for Conifer. Thanks. I don't know why I sometimes don't see the most obvious solutions.

Wow, I didn't know that! So if you change your email address, you can change your name and hold the same account, but previous posts in your 'old name' will still have your old name on them. Your earlier posts are Connifer but your latest one is Conifer.

Learn something new every day, thanks for that!

::edit:: sorry I was being dim. You have started a new account!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

He has the power, he has the technology.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    He has the power, he has the technology.
    ROFL...In my mind I actually heard the "tu-tu-tu-tu-tu-tu-tu-tun''
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Hey thanks Rob. I just saw the change. One n is perfect.
    Last edited by Sam Conifer; 03-01-2011 at 01:33 AM.