Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: February/March Lite Challenge Entry: His Majesty's Huntsgrounds

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip February/March Lite Challenge Entry: His Majesty's Huntsgrounds

I decided that it might be fun to do something with where I live. Here's the base map. I'm thinking small kingdom/hunting preserve for his majesty.. We'll see

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FebuaryMarchjpg.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	243.0 KB 
ID:	33812

OpenStreetMap is open data, licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence (CC-BY-SA).
    Name:  88x31b.png
Views: 678
Size:  5.0 KB
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

This is a cool chunk of real estate. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Makes me want to do my city but turn it into a plumbing map or something.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

That it is Rav. The Norcross Nature sanctuary is all around me. Just riddled with trails
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Wip

I started to add forests and texture to this. (yes I am basically surrounded by forest here) The water is more or less fantasy as I thought I should break up all that green. There are a lot of roads in this area although most of them are private access roads for the Nature Sanctuary, I'll use those as "hunt trails" for his majesty...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FebuaryMarchjpg.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	564.6 KB 
ID:	33851

OpenStreetMap is open data, licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence (CC-BY-SA).
    Name:  88x31b.png
Views: 353
Size:  5.0 KB

Finished Maps

I think the one attribution at the top of the thread is probably enough, no need to repeat it This is starting to look really cool! The boundary between land and river is a little wonky though, not sure if you were planning to spruce that up at all or not.

Blog Entries

I'm going to withdraw from this challenge. I absolutely loathe my entry and cannot seem to generate any excitement about it. I seem to be stuck for a original idea or premise for this one and with the caliber of entries already I just can't do it justice.

Finished Maps

Sorry to hear that jt. There's always next month though.

Blog Entries

Thanks Gidde. It was a interesting premise for a challenge.

Finished Maps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast