Thread: Free RPG Maps Forum Suggestions

Default Free RPG Maps Forum Suggestions

OK, I've finally got the basic Free RPG Maps website setup. I've delayed in officially opening the site for lack of a forum available, but I just got that set up today, this morning.

Free RPG Maps Community Forum

You might notice that the Forum button on the home page isn't linked to the forum yet, because I want it properly setup before I activate the button.

I need Category suggestions, among other things to get this Forum setup proper.

My thoughts: there is a General Discussion already setup in default forum setup, but I need more categories.

I'm thinking:
    Map Tile Designs as one category, a place to put up polls for next months map tile design. A place for map tile suggestions to be placed.

Subscriber Priviledges - might be another category with an explanation on what benefits subscribers gain from Free Map add-on to basic Endless Terrain Battlemap set for each month, a Point System to offer custom map tile designs to subscribers.

What other categories do you suggest?

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Default Call to guild members to post their galleries on my forum

I just added the Category of Map Gallery on my new Free RPG Maps Community Forum. I intend to post a FAQ identical to the CG's FAQ regarding the posting of maps. I would prefer to limit map posts to those of Creative Commons license rather than commissioned work, however, I am posting a few of my own for Kaidan, not for other commercial works - many are Map Challenge Entries from here.

I would love to have various members of the CG to post their CC licensed map creations in their own thread in the Map Gallery board. I'd especially like to see Ascension, Torstan, Djekspek, Sapiento, Ravs, and countless others. They don't have to be challenge wins, even entries in past challenges that were contenders, or other personal works. I want to tie the CG as least in spirit and link from my new forums site.

There is a link to the Cartographers' Guild on the front page of my site, and from various posts in my forum threads.

Plus you'd be welcome to post links to your mapping websites, available products and other cartographic endeavors.

I'd greatly appreciate any personal map threads in my gallery.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 03-04-2011 at 03:40 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations