Thread: [Award Winner] Tutorial on how to create seamless textures out of anything

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Tutorial [Award Winner] Tutorial on how to create seamless textures out of anything

I am going to post my tried and trusted way of creating seamless textures out of any photo that has some basic properties in PSP but I would think any significant paint package should be fine.

EDIT############################################## #################################################
    ##### See lower down this tutorial for a script to automate all of this process including the image flattening to give a uniform brightness ######
    ################################################## ################################################

The basic property is that the pattern on the image has an interesting texture that has basically uniform brightness across it. Now I have a tool to force images to become steady brightness so I can do any image but without this you will have to find some photo that matches this property and that is not a significant limitation.

So here is a photo I took in a park. I am notorious for taking photos of interesting plants in garden centers ! A great free resource if you ask me !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Start.png 
Views:	1724 
Size:	824.1 KB 
ID:	2117  
    Last edited by Redrobes; 01-17-2008 at 08:32 PM.