Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Tutorial on how to create seamless textures out of anything

As epr the request in the other thread I have updated the script attached in post#27 to have an option to tile only horizontally and vertically.

It also now exposes the "copy the center and paste it" option available as a parameter so it can be turned off.

If tiling only horizontally or vertically, it would be best to set the flatten parameter quite low to prevent colour bleeding.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Never heard of it til now...looks like it does a great job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I wish I could grasp batch file scripting well enough to make Redrobes' script to operate on all image files in a folder rather than a single file. Doing hundreds of files one at a time is pretty tiresome

Blog Entries

Well theres two options.

One is to get a list of all the files that need making seamless and then call the script on them. That can be done fairly easily with the command prompt by using "dir /b > files.txt" which gives a bare word listing of the files in files.txt then you can edit up the script by putting the call in front of each. Sounds bad and... well ok its not good. I would use a macro and that would sort that out so no so bad for me. You can also use a 'grep' type thing on DOS command line syntax to make it run over all the files in a directory too. Which would be easy if only I could remember the voodoo for doing that but its a foreach statement thing. Maybe someone could comment on that too.

But secondly RobA took my script and made an equivalent Gimp script fu python thingy out of it and I am pretty sure that those scripts can be called to operate on directories at once. So you need to set up Gimp with python enabled. I don't know if thats python first then Gimp or vice-versa but once you have scriptable Gimp then I think you can add Robs one to the list and it will save you. Hoping that Rob might comment here.

But I am sure we can deliver a solution.

Does anyone know if this still works in 2.8.6, I'm getting back into things and can't find the script after reloading it.
    Nevermind, restarting gimp a second time made it show up.
    Last edited by Notsonoble; 01-09-2014 at 12:18 PM.
    My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
    Gimp Gradient Basics

How can I homogenize only corners brightness? does someone some way with imagemagick or Gimp?

By corner, you mean the place were the repetition of the texture meets? I think the best way would be to add another layer on top and add some bright colours.

Blog Entries

The script I posted includes a blur amount so that you can set how even it needs to be. I am uncertain what the question is beyond this. Maybe post an image of what the initial image looks like and if its not obvious then what you want it to look like.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast