Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hommlet

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    A question - how much exaggeration of heights (for both buildings and terrain) did you use?
    Some. Not as much as I thought I did (I kept futzing with the settings in Bryce until I was happy). Here's a quick perspective render from my saved file for an idea on how much...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Perspective.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	147.8 KB 
ID:	2146  
    Last edited by rlucci; 01-16-2008 at 01:05 AM.

With the depth of field the way you have it, it even looks like a photo of miniatures. Tres cool.

Yep. With some colour, this would make for a very nice alternative map, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by su_liam View Post
    It's kind of a convention to shade maps as if they are lit from the northwest or upper left corner. Don't know why, but the illusion seems to work better that way. Lit from the south, which makes sense in the northern hemisphere, high points tend to look like indentations. I don't know the psychology of that, but hey. That said, I really like this map. Could have been a good entry for Wild West Town. I'm guessing the 45 degree bias is from the original Village of Hommlet map.
    I agree... I've always done maps with light coming from the upper left corner. If there's a light source in the picture I change the direction of the shadows to match that light.
    See, for example, the temple map from the Fantaseum-Spring08. It's indoor and the shadows still comes from upper left corner (in this particular map I'd adjusted shadows to the light from the windows - but it still looks ok with the shadows).

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Great map... I especially love the 3d one as it does look like a place to set up miniatures ... good job, I like it.

Default 3D Hommlet

Though a bit late to this thread, if anyone is still looking for the village in 3D, you can find it for Sketch-Up in the 3D Warehouse here:
    https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mod...age-of-Hommlet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12