Thread: Nafrines - The City of Blue Birds

Map Nafrines - The City of Blue Birds

That's my second map and my firt city map. I don't know for sure if its right by the medieval city style, but i made it that way.

The city of Nafrines is covered by blue birds, which give name to the king's royal guard. Nafrines means "the blue that flies" in Aydane, the ancient language of Euran, region where the city lies. Ruled by King Juolir II, at the age of 17, shortly after his father's death, Nafrines is in financial trouble for waging a senseless war on nearby natives.

I hope you like it

Any suggestions or tips will be welcome.

Igor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NAFRINES.png 
Views:	270 
Size:	4.87 MB 
ID:	115232  
    Last edited by igorayroldes; 05-04-2019 at 02:03 AM.

Clean and efficient, with a very nice layout & color palette. Well done!

Guild Apprentice

No suggestions or tips, just wanted to say it looks very nice; everything sits very well.

I'll have to second Ilanthar, agree with all the points he made! I really like how clear this map is, it's easy to read and I imagine it gives you all the important info on the place in an efficient manner.

As for suggestions, I'd maybe move the title and top border a bit lower and then crop the piece again, as I think there is a little bit of dead space around the top part while the bottom is fairly crowded in comparison. Not a huge flaw, but my layout-obsessed eye does pick it out.

Edit: Rats. I seem to be out of rep, my apologies!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Default Mm, not enthused.

I admit to a basic prejudice: that a city map should reflect the premise that people actually live there, from the ground on up, rather than a bird's eye Work Of Art. This looks like a mosaic instead, and it's hard to imagine real people building that, even in the organic manner common to most low-tech cities.