Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kurond world map - ABANDONED

Map Kurond world map - ABANDONED

I was makeing this for my clan.. But since i saw real maps on this site i thought it was crap and abandoned it and am trying to remake it.

http://img560.imageshack.us/i/rathengar.png/

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wish I could zoom in more to get a better look. Thats CC (Campaign Cartographer) correct?. It's very hard to get a bad map with that software. Keep trying and don't be afraid to ask for suggestions
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Yes. It is CC3 and i just cant get it to have that old fashioned handme down look of medieval maps.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

For that you're going to need a raster program like Gimp, Paint Shop Pro, Painter, or Photoshop. Any others I missed? I forget them all. You could try some of the extra image packs for CC3, gotta pay for 'em but they're better than the default stuff.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I have CSUAC and a bunch of others but i cant afford anything else than just CC3 and DD3 right now.

Try Gimp, it's free and has a huge user/developer base always tweaking things and improving things. It does some things that Photoshop can't so that's cool. It's a drawing-type program so you can sketch something out on paper, scan it in and then fix it up. Or if you want there's plenty of automated tools to make things even easier.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Alright. I will probably start sketching tomorrow at school xP

Actually Ascension, not to slam GIMP, but you can indeed get that look in CC3, just not with the default settings. Those settings can e tweaked and viola, you can have that old look.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Hey, when it comes to artists, the tool doesn't matter much. Knowing how to use the tool, that's another story but in the end, if you can draw it, paint it, render it, then you should be able to get, at least close to, whatever you want.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I was hoping that you'd come along sooner or later, Neon - if anyone would know it was gonna be you. So there you go. Good stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast