Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free RPG Maps site - Now Open!

Taking a queue from Torstan, I decided to get four free map tiles as mini-versions of my Endless Terrain Battlemap set as included content in April issue of Pathways Magazine. Pathways is Rite Publishing's new Pathfinder 3pp support magazine which is a free download or available as POD print from Lulu.com. The map tiles will feature some instructions on use and how they compare to the full tile sets available. Plus I get a full page ad in the magazine as well.

So if you want more free maps from Free RPG Maps, then get next month's issue of Pathways Magazine!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Cool Full shopping cart. What did you use for that if I might ask? The one thing that seemed odd to me is that when I clicked details and on the "click to enlarge" it seems to pop up an image that is actually smaller in size with even more detail. Not sure if that's my Firefox4 or just an image link thing?

Never heard of the Pathways magazine so I'll check it out.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Jax, Pathways, March issue was the first one, so it is only a recent startup.

My Ecommerce package is OSCommerce which is free, though templates for it is not. Not needing anything fancy, I used one of the default templates so as not to need to pay for anything. I am a webhost for the web development that I do (now and again) and OSCommerce is already setup on my server, so its just a matter of turning it on and turning on what I need, and configuring it for my specifics. Yeah, the graphics in showing you enlarged sizes is specific at setup and doesn't really offer a larger size image - so making it bigger is problematic to what it normally allows. Its a bit clunky in that aspect I think, but for the most part works fine. If I can start selling at a profitable rate, I may upgrade my Ecommerce site with a pro design. Still I'd rather be able to update as I need it, and not have to deal with code I'm not familiar with.

When I built my Ecommerce site for Gamer Printshop, I used OSCommerce as well, but I paid for a 'fancy design' template - it did me no particular favors having the pro designed template vs. the free default ones, so in the FreeRPGmaps iteration, I went with default rather than custom. Why pay when it doesn't clearly offer any advantages - only cost.

I really want to sell subscriptions and not single purchase sales, but I wanted to make single purchase available to those who only want it that way. Subscriptions are sold as a Paypal button in the main site itself, and as not part of the Ecommerce package.

I've actually gotten about a dozen subscription signups so far (not enough) and not a single single-purchase sale.

Also I'll be getting about 15 sets placed on consignment at the Paizo Store. I'm just waiting until I get my April set of Dungeon Tiles ready, before I send 15 sets of each to Paizo.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Default April set: Dungeon Tiles is ready!

April set of Endless Terrain Battlemaps are ready for subscription, single orders, and the free map download!

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

GP, I can't get any of the links to work to the site including the forum...?

Here's the forum link: Free RPG Maps Forum

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Default Endless Terrain Battlemaps in the Paizo Store

So I have multiple sets of both the Heavy Forest and Dungeon Tile sets from March and April editions of the Endless Terrain Battlemap sets in the Paizo store - these are physical print products and not PDFs. But Paizo wanted a 'cover design' to use to show off the product, so I've just created them.

I will be trying to get at least 10 sets of each map tile set as they become available to be offered from the Paizo Store. So far, I haven't found too many places to distribute the map tiles directly - outside my own site.

Here's the 'cover design' for the Heavy Forest map tile set:

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12