Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One Page Dungeon Contest 2011

Default Free RPG Maps is sponsoring a prize for the OPDC 2011

Even though I am definitely participating as a contestant again this year. My new map tile service is sponsoring a 6 month subscription of Endless Terrain Battlemaps - the printed and shipped version for one of the possible prizes for the One Page Dungeon Contest 2011.

You can view the OPDC page linked in Kensanata's post at the top to see the available prize list - its already on there!

I made sure it was possible both to compete and sponsor a prize - I just asked if I am one of the winners, I don't want my own prize!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I'm going to try and work on a simple map, time might be tight, but I think I can bang out one map in one day.

GP and DevinNight... goodness, talk about tough competition. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

For what it's worth, here is my entry. This is the first time I've participated. I love contests though, especially ones where you can win prizes! We should have these sorts of things all the time!
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 03-17-2011 at 05:23 PM.

Two more weeks to go!

A map, an intrigue, monsters, treasure, enemies, allies – what does an adventure for your game night require? Whatever it is, if you wrote it up, you should send it in! The due date for the One Page Dungeon Contest 2011 is the first second of April 1, 2011, UTC. If you live in the United States, that means you may have to send in your entry many hours before the last day of March ends. What better way to make sure you don't miss the deadline than sending your entry as soon as possible? Don't worry, you can send in revisions up to the very end.

Submission must be mailed in PDF, Open Office, or Microsoft Word format to Alex Schröder → kensanata@gmail.com.

Check out the sweet loot awaiting the winners of this year's contest in the sponsor section of the One Page Dungeon Contest 2011 page.

Best of luck!

Five more days!

I have integrated countless One Page Dungeon Contest submissions into my campaigns. It didn't matter whether they won or not. These One Page Dungeon Contest entries are a treasure trove of material. I absolutely love them. Everything you need, available at a glance.

There are close to fifty prizes available for the winners of the One Page Dungeon Contest 2011. How hard can it be? Take the events of your last session and write them up on a single page, digitize it and send it in. It's better to be safe than sorry – don't send it in a mere hours before the deadline. Send it in now and send any last minute corrections a mere hours before the deadline.

There is no easier way to loose than not participating. I hope you will participate!

Submission must be mailed in to Alex Schröder → kensanata@gmail.com.

Best of luck!

I really wanted to do this, time just snuck up on me and being sick as a dog flat in bed for 5 days didn't help one bit Guess I'll have to wait for next time. If somehow I feel the fire tonight maybe I'll cram something together, I just hate to do that because I want to do something awesome.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I wanted to do it as well but I'm sidetracked on four other things at the moment so adding a 5th would have been ludicrous. The goodies are good and I want some more Let's hope for next year then.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

The submissions are all available for download! In the mean time judges will spend their evenings reading them all and taking notes.

Is there a prediction for when the winners will be announced? I also noticed that some of the judges made their thoughts/comments/criticisms available for public perusal last time: I'd love it if they did something similar again.

Anyway, my money is totally on djekspek.

Last year, as planned for this year, they won't release anything official until at least May 15th. This year there is 8 more maps than last year. All the judges have to review every entry and pick a favorite three, along with significant secondary list, which will take the longest amount of time. After this the judges select a tighter list among the favorite entries and determine winners. So there's quite a bit of review work to be had - I don't expect it to take any less time. Look to the middle of May before winners are announced.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast