Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One Page Dungeon Contest 2011

Default One Page Dungeon Contest 2011

Remember last year?

Dates: Submission deadline is April 1, 0:00 GMT. Based on last year's experience, judges will have one month to read all the submissions and another two weeks to discuss the result. Winners will be announced May 16, 0:00 GMT.

Judges: I'm still looking judges! Interested? Let me know → kensanata@gmail.com!

Prizes & Sponsors: Do you have prizes to donate? Let me know → kensanata@gmail.com!

Submissions: Here's how to submit your entry.

• Participants create a One Page Dungeon.
    • Submitting a dungeon to the contest releases it under the Creative Common Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license with credit to the contest participant.
    • The submission must have a name, an author, a map, a key, a link to the license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/) and no game stats.
    • A link to your blog, wandering monsters, random events, adventure background or introduction, and descriptions of tricks or traps are all optional.
    • One entry per participant. Participants may revise/replace their entries up until the end of contest, with the last revision counting as their official entry.
    • Submission must be mailed in PDF, Open Office, or Microsoft Word format to Alex Schröder → kensanata@gmail.com.
    • If you have a blog article talking about your submission, I'd love to link to it from the One Page Dungeon Contest page.

Process: Here's how we'll determine the winners.

• Every judge nominates their favorite entries and proposes a category for each.
    • We try to make sure that every judge has at least three of their nominations in the final list. The idea is to not only reflect popular opinion but to also capture some of the more eclectic entries out there. We'll make sure that every judge is well represented with three entries each.
    • Based on the categories proposed in the first step, we try to assign a category to each entry on the list.
    • The result is our release candidate 1. Judges gets to check whether their favorites are still on the list.
    • We fix omissions and rename categories until we're happy. This is our release candidate 2.
    • We revise everything until we're happy. We have our list of winners!
    • If we have prizes (we currently don't) each judge gets to nominate their favorite entry for a prize.
    • We publish our list of winners!
    • Harald puts together a PDF of all the entries and a PDF of all the winners. We'll make these PDFs available for download at no cost.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

missed the contest last year - but perhaps one should give it a go this time around
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Yes indeed one should!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*lol*.. thought about judging for a moment - but then I realised with my usual schedule its hard enough to make a map now and then, so evaluating a huge bunch of maps would probably be more work than I could handle... these things were so much easier when I was young and didn't have all those grown-up things to care about *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I won an honorable mention last year and got like 4 things. How cool is that?! Everyone should enter. I know I will and I assume our other member-winners will as well.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I'm chewing on ideas already. Hopefully, I can put something together.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Oh, if I can squeeze in the time (I will squeeze in the time). I already know what I am going to do, now to just figure out the best way to present it. Last year I did the Lair of Lhessadrak - a pontiff clerical lich. Well I still got lich in me, but this time its a bardic lich, the Maestro of Cacophony with a huge pipe organ as the main piece - a dead audience, a few other instruments and sheet music scattered across the floor. Some side rooms all part of ruined castle. We'll see what other ideas I come up with - this should be interesting.

I won't make as many rooms this time around and more room for legend/key with encounter/trap/treasures found in each. I didn't win last year, because I didn't have enough text description in the key - so definitely put more in this time.

Good luck everyone!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

This pretty cool might enter in as well time permitting. Trying to get a grasp on last years submissions to know where to go with it currently.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast