Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: March 2011 Challenge: Board Game

Looking for clarification - seeing as this is the CG, it there a "map" requisite to the game?

-Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Looking for clarification - seeing as this is the CG, it there a "map" requisite to the game?

-Rob A>
    I for one don't understand the question. I'm thinking if you put an entry in here that doesn't have a map you shouldn't expect to get ANY votes.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post

-Rob A>
    as long as your board game would fit nicely in the board game section of the forum - I guess you're home safe... but we'll leave it up to the JURY OF DEATH!!!! *drumroll* *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

It would seem to me that most standard board game surfaces are maps. The monopoly board is a map, even if it doesn't have coastlines or forests. It conveys necessary information that allows you to navigate through the game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moutarde View Post
    It would seem to me that most standard board game surfaces are maps. The monopoly board is a map, even if it doesn't have coastlines or forests. It conveys necessary information that allows you to navigate through the game.
    good point
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Blog Entries

The rules of the challenge are often explicit, but the voters are the ultimate arbiters of the rules, with a few exceptions. I recall Gamerprinter running a challenge with very specific rules with a prize involved, and in that case the rules were mandatory, but not usually, and not here. I wouldn't vote for a piece that was completely un-mappy as long as there was a mappy entry that I could vote for, but some will, and maybe enough. Art, like love, takes courage.
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

I had an idea for an entry, sort of a combination of jenga and your traditional roll and move your piece kind of game but looking at my schedule for this month I doubt I will get it done. Just asking though, what is the latest a person can join the comp? Or is there no time limit so long as it's in before voting and some sign of WIP material can be seen?

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Blog Entries

just as long as it gets in before closing time - and no WIP material required (but we always love to see some)
    regs tilt

Thanks Tilt, will try and attempt an entry later then if I find the time, Uni is getting in full assessment swing this March and all of my games are being released this month. Epic timing fail!

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

In case anyone goes so in depth that they want an actual copy of the game, definitely head over to http://www.thegamecrafter.com/ to whip it up! They do Print On Demand board games.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast