Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: March 2011 Challenge: Board Game

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default March 2011 Challenge: Board Game

So we've had a lot of different map challenges that fit the rpg mapping segment. So we thought that it would be nice to see some different maps this time around. And since a lot of people started talking about the train board game challenge (not on the guild) we decided that a game board would be nice to "map".

So this months challenge is to make a game board. People wanting to do the train project are welcome to use that as their entry here as well, but any type of game board in any setting is allowed.
    You don't have to write down rules for the game, but hints of how to play will probably be appreciated by everybody.

So grab your drawing implement and start making that board game, we don't care if its a game of strategy, finance, war, peace, bouncy bubbles or carrots. It can be ancient, modern or sci-fi (no ripping arms off if you loose though).
    You can make it for kids, adults, redheads, dogs or aliens - just as long as you make something cool

And remember - challenge closes at 27th of march - so get to it

Good luck
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

What is this "train" project if you don't mind me asking?

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't mind at all... a board game company has started a competition with a price of $10.000 for a new version of the game they have - just search for 10.000 in here and you'll find the thread discussing it (and what one should be aware of if entering)
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

So if the train board is a viable entry, are boards for other games that already exist acceptable? And what about modular boards, like Carcasonne?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I'd hope modular boards are ok, since I'm doing one As far as other games go, I'd imagine that it'd be ok, as long as the design itself is new.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Kinda makes me want to do post-apocalypse Risk...

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

Hey, motivation to finish my bloodbowl board!

Hahahah ohhhh yes the ( Generic mythical beast which is never captured that im too lazy to think of ) I forgot that was the topic of the contest XD

My skeptical nature remains lol.

I should how ever do something little for this....

EDIT: Oh too Rythal I would LOVE to see a blood bowl board -- I have been playing the computer version and its totally the sports game for me.... I would like it a lot more if the Ogres looked like the new ones...
    Last edited by lapada; 03-01-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I made a board game back when I was like 12 and over the Holidays (two years ago) my nieces found it and we had a blast playing it. So naturally they wanted to make one of their own. So last summer we sat down and made one and I'm thinking of doing one of those two. The playability is only as fun as the contestants so you either have to be 10 years old or not care too much about the reality of things. I'll have to scan their lil drawings in so this will be fun.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast