7 20.59%
  • Trap 96 - by Ravells

6 17.65%
  • How to Catch a Cartographer - by Moutarde

3 8.82%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *** February 2011 Challenge Voting - Map a Trap ***

Default *** February 2011 Challenge Voting - Map a Trap ***

This month's challenge, taken from the challenge suggestions sub-forum, was to map a trap of any scale and in any genre.

There were 8 entries this month, a little light for a challenge, but it was short month and you can laugh at me being poked with a stick in one of them

Thumbnails of the entries are here

Note: Gidde's entry is intentionally blank as it is for the march challenge.

PLEASE VOTE FOR 1 ENTRY.

Please don't forget to rep the entries you vote for.

Best of luck to to everyone and thanks to those who took part.

:: Edit :: I've moved the entries into the archive as we're running a bit late this month.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I had to vote for Lonewanderer as well, though Ravells was a close second for me. He'd have gotten vote #2 if we had one. Great entries all!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As a true gentleman I of course wont vote for myself - rather Lonewanderer gets my vote as well - and well deserved

I'll swing by with my rep-gun tomorrow for all these good entries
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Uh ... just read the top post there .... sorry I messed up your scrape, Ravs!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If only there were two votes. I had to vote for Ravells as his piece was just too cool. If I had another vote it would have gone to Lonewanderer for a brilliant concept and amazing execution. Moutardes' entry was just great as well, funny and clever. All in all everyone as usual did a great job
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I voted for Sapiento and Return of the Frogs, it reminded me of Admiral Ackbar for some reason and I just watched "It's a Trap" so I reallly like Admiral Ackbar right now. Will rep you Sapiento once your thread becomes unlocked.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Blog Entries

Big fan of Pindecarl's perpetual stair!
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

I also enjoyed all the entries and they all have a place in your gaming sessions of doom but the one that caught my eye from the start and just offers up more fun that I can shake a stick at was Pindercarl's Perpetual Stairway. I admit, I had to add in my own fold away and return for this to work but I can't wait to spring this bad boy on my gaming friends. Preferably when they are running for their lives from something horrendously monstrous. Hahahahah.

These were all great and I would have loved to vote for more.

Tilt - I liked this a lot because it's full of good stuff.
    Ravell's - just a bit too much death, hehe. I don't expect even a great adventurer to survive all that.
    RE - I thought it looked beautiful but I wasn't sure what was going on there.
    Sap - Wonderful and very spacey as well but without the words I don't think I would have understood it.
    LW - Great concept and you clearly gave this a lot of thought. All the details are fantastic.
    Mou - Hilarious and worth a vote just for the sheer joy it brings to read.
    DD - There isn't a lot to this map but it gives me the willies just looking at it so bonus for evoking an emotion.
    Gidde - I didn't see anything so I'm guessing you didn't finish.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast