Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allyn on board

Post Allyn on board

Robert suggested I post here because there are a fine group of mapmakers in this guild and at least some of you are CC3 users. For those of you who don't know me, if you own Profantasy's Tome of Ultimate Mapping, you own a piece of my heart and soul. If you've read the Essentials guides that come with Profantasy software (please tell me you've read them) then you're familiar with my work. Some of my favorite CC2 Pro maps are here:

http://www.darkleagues.com/fantasyma...ique-style.htm

I used to enjoy taking on the challenge of "CC2 can't make nice maps" by using CC2 Pro to emulate other mapping styles like these:

http://www.darkleagues.com/Samples/eldeen.htm
    http://www.darkleagues.com/fantasyma...le900X1200.htm

Yes, they were done in CC2 Pro with no post work. Of course, those were the good ol' days. Emulating other styles using CC3 is very easy. With just a click click click, we can do very cool things in CC3 so my days of astounding folks are over. ::sniff:::

I'm going to be over in the Software folder collecting information; and I invite CC3 users, both new users and old timers to join me. I am also inviting folks who tried CC3 (or CC2 Pro) but ended up balling up the software and shoving it in a locker because they couldn't get the hang of it.

I love the Tome (would love to see a CC3 version), and I too love trying to emulate other styles of maps in CC3.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Welcome, Allyn. Glad to have you here! We have many, many members who use CC (either 2 or 3)--and even more new members who come on asking for help with it. Glad a skilled cartographer such as yourself came "on board" to offer your expertise as well!

Once again, welcome!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Allyn, buddy! I'm glad you you took my advice and signed up. Welcome to the Guild. I'm looking forward to your contributions and advice, and I hope that you enter a monthly challenge every once in a while.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Allyn, welcome. Glad to see you. I've linked a few of your Dark Leagues website images before to try and tell people what CC2/CC3 can do in the hands of an expert. I do so love the maps you do, even though I'm extremely jealous. My efforts are far more basic. I'd love to see some further tutorials on different mapping styles, and exploration of what CC3 can do.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Allyn! It's great that you're here! I've always lusted over your maps and must thank you again for all the help you gave me over at the CC yahoo groups (a few years ago now) when I asked my nooby questions! i still think that your Boston map is one of the best I've ever seen produced in CC2.

Welcome Allyn! It's really great to have you back on the CC2 users list and now here as well.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome Allyn, I'm glad to have ya here! Big time! I've taken the liberty of granting you Industry Pro status, same as Ralph and Simon on here. Welcome aboard!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Question Personal Question, Allyn?

Are you one of the four guys running the ProFantasy booth at Gencon Indy?

I remember Simon and Ralf, and two others (can't remember names...) if so, I was the "map printing" guy who shared Gamemaster Syndicate's booth. Remind me, which one were you - unless you weren't there, and I apologize for the error. Otherwise "hey" and welcome to the guild!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Applicant

Post Welcome Allyn

Allyn, I just joined as well. Good to have you back. Most of us missed you while you were on sabbatical. I really look forward to the new tome and the new essentials guides.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast