Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The World of Praamador

Blog Entries

Map The World of Praamador

I created two maps for my good friend Dan who occasionally takes a turn at gamemastering our weekly Pathfinder game (each turn lasts about a year). His game world is called Praamador and beginning with the next campaign that should begin around September of this year, he's expanding into a neighboring, larger continent to the north. I am presenting these maps, Praamador and Arindelia, both plain and in situ. These maps owe their style to Ramah who's gorgeous Vaniya inspired me to begin mapping seriously, and inspired the very essence of these maps. I take credit only for the work done to both emulate the style and think up names. Making them look good was the work of many in the WIP threads. So, without further Adieu, here they are.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Praamador2.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	4.05 MB 
ID:	34038Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arindelia.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	34036
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Praamador3.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	3.66 MB 
ID:	34037Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arindelia Weathered.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	4.00 MB 
ID:	34035
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

Wow! What more can I say? Repped!

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Schley's Avatar

Good stuff! Repped!

Blog Entries

Great stuff, Immolate.

I am sincerely flattered that you think my maps worthy to take anything from, let alone emulate. That last one you posted looks pretty bang on for one of mine. I can see I'm going to have to get a new style. Hehe.

I love all the aging you did on the other one but I have a personal dislike of all the little odds and sods you put on it like the coins etc. If they were roughly hand-drawn (even down to tracing those you've got on but with a rougher hand) then I think they would fit in nicely. As they are, to my eyes they stand out too much. But I think that is just a case of perception and I get it whenever people add things like that. You probably see the maps as being a hand drawn map on a table in a real world perhaps. Whereas I would see it as part of an illustration with everything around it illustrated too.

Still, wonderful maps, Immi. And I'm glad someone is getting some use out of TreeThing. Last time I touched that program I added a few features that I really like but I still need to get back in there and knock out some bugs before I post it. Ah well, maybe soon.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Outstanding! Your group is very lucky. Would you be willing to play in my game?

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Awesome, dude. Just awesome.

Nothing short of spectacular! Rep given!
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

Argontath Map Finished Thread

My Flash Website! - Welcome to Argontath

Blog Entries

Thanks all. I'm afraid after 34 years with the same gaming group, I'm pretty much in for the long haul Kairn .

Ramah I think I've done just enough of your style, solidified my grasp of some of the basic concepts that you are faithful to, that I'm ready to start doing some serious exploration of what I want to do for my own expression. I also knew I've have to digest your work over time and I think that with these pieces and the Wheel of Time map that I've done that. I don't expect to ever equal your work, but as long as I'm learning and growing my own work, I'll be content. I'm just glad you've been gracious enough to allow me to make such a study of your style.
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

Those are really great, especially the two display pieces. Love the magnifying glass effect. Repped!
    M

I love them all!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast