Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: March 2011 entry: Cartopoly

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip March 2011 entry: Cartopoly

I have an idea for this challenge but my motivation lately has been about zero so we'll see if I get anywhere with this. One thing is for certain, if I can't make it better than my disastrous Lite Challenge entry I won't waste anyones time.

On to the premise: A classic style board game where the players must navigate from one end to the other. Each square will be a different "event" some good some bad. The idea is to take your player from WIP to Finished map... We will see how this works out..
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Hey, that sounds really cool! You could even put the jail in as evidence of the River Police

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I like this idea!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

sounds like a fun idea indeed... looking forward to seing what you come up with
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Blog Entries

Thanks everyone. And thank the mod that fixed my thread title. I swear I'd forget how to breathe lately..
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Wip

Ok the title says WIP so I'd better post something.. This is the bare bones basics that I just got up the motivation to work on some today. The idea is that the board will transition from basic outline to finished map as it goes (roughly) from north to south. As you can see I've started with a random continent shape and then filled in the oceans and began the ground base (this is how I do maps) the white area is (as labeled) the "start" area where the game trail will begin. I'm still working on that. Feedback is greatly appreciated as I have NEVER attempted anything like this

*Edit* I just noticed the "weirdness" around the edges. I rescaled a layer and it looks like I didn't get it quite right. I'll fix that at some point

###LATEST WIP###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cartopoly.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	271.0 KB 
ID:	34108
    Last edited by jtougas; 03-04-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Finished Maps

nice ^^ , I cant wait to see the "events"

Blog Entries

Wip

I seem to have a bit of motivation for this at the moment. Probably because I'm working on the "easy" part. I still have to come up with a game trail that's evenly spaced (this one is just to show the general idea) any suggestions on how to do that in GIMP would be appreciated otherwise it's off to Inkscape (which I barely know how to use) I also still have to come up with about 30 or so "events" that will guide our players along their journey.

###LATEST WIP###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cartopoly.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	633.1 KB 
ID:	34111

Finished Maps

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Wish I could help, JT -- I'm struggling with a similar issue on my map atm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast