Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Ello

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant

Default 'Ello

'Ello, NeonRed, or even just Red. Most people call me that.

I've only really done one big map for a D&D campaign I was in. The DM gave us a packet the first day which had this little MS Paint map of the world we were playing in. Pretty much just color splotches with blue in the background. I then asked the DM for his help in making it bigger. After it was finished, one of our players who works at WalMart had a large posters version printed up, and I loved how it came out.

The interesting part is that in the campaign there was a group called the Cartographers' Guild (heehee) whose symbol was that of a fox. So, in the bottom right corner of the map I added a stylized fox head, making it look like an authentic "Cartographers' Guild" map.

Looking back at it, there are many changes I'd make to said map, and I am actually being somewhat commissioned by another friend and his brother to bring their world to digital life. I have so much to learn, and so much fun to have along the way. I am going to school, my major is in Graphic Arts, focusing on the printing aspects of the field, but I am somewhat self taught. Emphasis on the 'somewhat'. Mostly just me tooling around with CS2 then Gimpshop, Inkscape and now CS5 for a bit.

Personal life, I have my first kid on the way. I am due in late May, early June. The husband and I are both scared and excited. Not exactly sure how often I'll be able to be on the forum, but it caught my eye and intrigued me so I could not help but join and check it out.

Sorry, I talk too much.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Glad you found us and good luck with both school and children. Welcome.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step, or if you're smart a plane ticket. I started out on the road some 7 or 8 years ago now. I started out in much the same say- digitising my old paper maps. I've not regretted a minute of it. Hope it's as well for you.

monks

Welcome to the guild!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild, be sure to check out our tutorials area ... hurry up and map a lot before the child comes ... everybody talks about how much they'll do, while on maternaty leave ... but reality is when the baby is sleeping - you probably should be too *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Guild
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I know it's different for Dad vs. Mom (amen to the "plan on sleeping!" :-) ) but when we had little bitty babes I got some good mapping done late at night, with child draped across one arm, or cradled in lap, so my wife could sleep. Welcome to the Guild, and no, you don't talk too much. Do you still have a copy of the map you could scan?

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome aboard!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast