Thread: Status notifier for play/move by email/forum post.

Blog Entries

Default Status notifier for play/move by email/forum post.

Some people have asked me what the image is in my sig with the ticks and crosses. Well we play a D&D 4e game in our CWBP world (In the Witchlight Strand area...) over on EnWorld, you can click on the image to take you to the latest action. So I thought I would explain it.

The ticks and crosses are the moves we make per round. The image updates dynamically when the player makes a move and clicks on a link that I can provide. You can set yourself ready or not ready. In general the DM sets everyone not ready and then he starts the round, posts up the initiative list and ticks the DM tick.

Then, the next time you go to a page with that image on it, your browser should post it up with one tick on it. We can go and look at the initiative order and then the next person up can move and tick that they are ready. You just have to mentally note where you are in the round and wait for the previous persons tick to be put up then you know that you need to log in and look at the action and make a move - then tick your box.

You can set up your own game using the links below and add characters and their icon to the list of players. Then you can get the image location and post it whereever you have access on forums etc. Unfortunately, EnWorld does not now allowing links or pictures in the sig or else I would put it there but since I am on here every day then I know when its my move.

I have set up a demo game called CartoGuild and added some players. Here is the image and links to make me ready or not. You can use the links to start your own game tracker. Please don't start ticking or unticking other peoples games - make your own or play with the CartoGuild one. If it gets abused a bit then I might have to add a password to it which you set for a new game.

You can get the image URL via right click: Copy Image Location.

To set one up, add or remove characters use the game tracker manager with this link.

To just update / get the current status of characters & icons use this one.

To mark me as ready on the CartoGuild tracker...

or mark me as not ready.

With the last two you have to click the link then full refresh (firefox - ctrl F5) to get the new image. The image posted on the page after the click is the image before the change is made. Maybe I should add some reload timer...

Look at the URL in the browser bar and change the game name and character as required. Bookmark the link when its working for you and then you can set ready / not ready with a quick toolbar click.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 03-03-2011 at 10:36 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Ah, I always thought the red Xs were deaders.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Applicant

Default Status notifier for play/move by email/forum post

how do i make my site update tho when i add it to my site it only stays at what i last had it at how do i make the site update my status page?

Blog Entries

Its an image that is hosted on my web site which is dynamically generated when you make a change to the character status. When you put a link for the image into your web site anyone who uses a browser who visits your web page will have that browser fetch your web page and it will see the image link and then the browser will fetch the image from my site and embed it into the page. Thats normal web page stuff going on. So you dont need to do anything at all to make it update.

However, your browser also caches images to speed up web pages where its seen much of the original content. So if your using Firefox then try a refresh or a full refresh. Thats either F5 or ctrl F5 and its similar with other browsers too.