Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gadzooks I'm in a lull - somebody slap me

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know exactly how you feel Jax. I was going gangbusters there for months and I think I used all my creativity up. I still have ideas just no motivation. You're an artist your allowed to have a "slump" when you do get your "mojo" back you'll be better than ever..
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

It's interesting that this seems to be pretty typical from the sounds of it.

For the record, it's not that I'm having a mental block, it's more the energy required to put my ideas on 'canvas'. I think it has more to do with my business starting to ramp up for the coming summer months and my body not adjusting to the extra load yet. While it doesn't take that much to push a pencil around (a mouse is a little more hassle to me) it does seem my mental focus to execute is lacking enough that I feel like taking a nap or mindlessly watching TV. I don't even really like watching TV so that's whack. Either that or I'm depressed and don't know it. I've seldom been depressed in my whole life so I'm leaning more toward just being physically spent by the time I get home.

This makes me think that I might create a "How-To" on breaking out of a slump...once I figure it out
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I always get that spring fever where my mind wanders from thing to thing so fast that I can't keep up. Maps tend to take a back seat to the outdoor activities and when I get home I'm usually pretty tired so I just want to chill in front of the tv for something mindless.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I hear ya and sympathize, Jax ... I've totally been there. It'll come back -- do something fun and relaxing and recharge the batteries

OK, I slap ya....

Smack!
    My current thread, Developing a plausible and functional system for Fantasy Economics in an rpg.

Ok, all better now....LOL. If only it were that easy.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Hmm. Maybe I can get a Nobel Prize someday with all of my tinkering. Heh heh.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12