Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adobe city seen in perspective from above

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected anstett's Avatar

Map Adobe city seen in perspective from above

I have a fairly simple map to commission and thought I would test the waters here.

I have a city in my world called Outreach

http://www.dragonslayers-society.org...=Main.Outreach

that is part of an upcoming adventure.

The details for the area are:

The city is built into the edge of an escarpment/mesa that looks southeast over the Great Plains. There is one large road that runs through the city from the plains and up to the top of the escarpment.

Most people approach the city from the point of Rivers Bend and the road up the back side of the plateau and come out on top of a small mesa that then has the road descending southeast through a ravine. That ravine cuts through the city of Outreach and when travelers empty out to the main square the bulk of the city is behind them.

I am looking for a fantasy Native American flair to this city. The tribes spend most of their lives out on the plains but meet up with others who live here in Outreach who are the ones who deal with visitors the most. I like the vision of the adobe cities of the American southwest but this not a desert area so this is an amalgamation of style and realism.

I am picturing the final product as an aesthetic picture of the front of the city showing the square and homes along the cliff face from a raised perspective (helicopter view) and a small call out on the lower corner to show the almost serene empty mesa with a ravine gradually going down to show the other approach.

The final image will be used on my site, preferably able to be placed on the page for Outreach. The artist retains all rights except for my own personal non-commercial use in my game.

There is not a project that needs to be completed immediately as my players will not visit this area for a couple of months yet.

Because this is one time map to be used more for effect I have a small budget for it.

Hope this covers the details, I look forward to hearing from people interested in this.

BOB

This sounds interesting. I'm kind of in the midst of another commission right now. You did say a couple months though. I happen to live out in the Southwest so I've seen a lot of the Adobe style homes. I have also visited some of the ruins left by the cliff dwellers hereabouts so I think I get what you are shooting for. I don't have your description totally in my mind but if nobody else takes you up on this I'd be happy to get the ball rolling and see if we can get something working.

The one question I have is just how large of a city is this?
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I am thinking the city has a permanent population of about 2,000 with plenty of space out out on the plains in front for tribes to visit and bring horses or other trade goods for the marketplace.

Thanks for thinking on this.

BOB

No to Rav, this has not been taken yet.

I am still open to anyone interested in this.

BOB

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I'm really surprised that folks haven't jumped on this. Hang in there!

Jax did PM me after you asked again. I am talking with him in PM, but if you have an interest Rav feel free to chime in.

It is a small thing but I hope fun to create.

BOB

And this has been taken by Jax if someone could please make that change.

Thanks,

BOB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast