Thread: WIP Kingdom of Isara

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map WIP Kingdom of Isara

This is the kingdom that I am currently working on. I have gotten most of the landmass done and am working on the rivers now. I still have work to do on the highlands and hills.

Background: Isara is the land of the Horse Lords. The people of Isara are from the Yolani people who once roamed the northern plains. One of the great tribes of the Yolani settled in the plains of what is now Isara. Today, after several hundred years, the Yolani people are no longer the nomadic race that they once were, but they still take a great pride in their heritage, and are still some of the best horsemen in the kingdoms. The only people better than them are their cousins in distant Calahorn. Now, the Yolani people have mingled with the Lanarians who live both to the east and west of them, and so the pure Yolani bloodline has faded to some extent.

The land of Isara is dominated by rolling plains and gentle highlands in the south that steadily rise to the Low Wall Mountains in the north. Four great rivers cut fertile river valleys through the plains. In these valleys, the Yolani people have built towns and even small cities. In the plains and highlands, the Yolani still live a semi nomadic lifestyle. They have small villages, but often roam the plains with their herds, at times only coming to the villages for the winter.

The swift, but strong horses of the Yolani are prized throughout the Kingdoms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Isara WIP.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	473.7 KB 
ID:	2159  
    Last edited by landorl; 01-16-2008 at 06:05 PM.