Thread: WIP Kingdom of Isara

Map WIP Kingdom of Isara

This is the kingdom that I am currently working on. I have gotten most of the landmass done and am working on the rivers now. I still have work to do on the highlands and hills.

Background: Isara is the land of the Horse Lords. The people of Isara are from the Yolani people who once roamed the northern plains. One of the great tribes of the Yolani settled in the plains of what is now Isara. Today, after several hundred years, the Yolani people are no longer the nomadic race that they once were, but they still take a great pride in their heritage, and are still some of the best horsemen in the kingdoms. The only people better than them are their cousins in distant Calahorn. Now, the Yolani people have mingled with the Lanarians who live both to the east and west of them, and so the pure Yolani bloodline has faded to some extent.

The land of Isara is dominated by rolling plains and gentle highlands in the south that steadily rise to the Low Wall Mountains in the north. Four great rivers cut fertile river valleys through the plains. In these valleys, the Yolani people have built towns and even small cities. In the plains and highlands, the Yolani still live a semi nomadic lifestyle. They have small villages, but often roam the plains with their herds, at times only coming to the villages for the winter.

The swift, but strong horses of the Yolani are prized throughout the Kingdoms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Isara WIP.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	473.7 KB 
ID:	2159  
    Last edited by landorl; 01-16-2008 at 06:05 PM.

Professional Artist

Nice! It's a well thought-out culture too. I wonder are you missing one of the four rivers that you mention? I see its valley but the river is not there.

Also there are a few graphic elements running into the water which should be cleaned up. But I like it, reminds me of Fenlon a bit.

-Rob

That's an awesome map! can't wait to see more!

It's still pretty early in the work. I am currently working on the rivers, and the area that "disappears" on the left hand side of the map is going to be behind the map legend, so it won't be seen.

The river valley in the middle is one of the four, and the other one is just off the map to the right. I actually have it drawn there, but I accidentally cut it off when converting to JPEG.

Nice start with the map.

I'm sure that with time and work it will become a great map, like most maps on this site.

Continu the great work and don't forget to give style and live to your deep ocean.

Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

I have done some more work on this map. The rivers are all in now, and I have done a lot of the background colors, but still have a lot to do.

It is coming along pretty well, and I am satisfied with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Isara WIP.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	588.9 KB 
ID:	2191