Thread: New with CC3 and having many issues!

Question New with CC3 and having many issues!

Hello all. I've recently purchased and installed CC3, DD3, CD3, and SS2. Before that, I used to have CC2 Pro, which is still installed. I am hoping to learn from any CC3 gurus here about my issues with the software I am having. And to ask for tips.

To begin, I started a new map, chose DD3 Dungeon, map is 1000 x 800, and grid is 50. I run Windows Vista.

Now, I watched the tutorials, all of them, for Dungeon Building. But there are some things I know I am doing right but it is refusing to work for me.

First I began drawing my wall, a black tile marble wall. I'm doing good so far, and the quality is good. I wanted to draw an arc with the same type of wall. However, when I click on Arc, it switches my Fill Style. In addition to that, when I click on Fill Style to change it back to Black Marble Tile, the quality is horrible. When I accept the switch, my original, high-quality wall suddenly drops in resolution. To make matters worse, any other Bitmap I choose as new floors or tiles refuse to stay in high quality. Some reduce significantly, others automatically tile themselves.

My question is, how do I make sure an image doesn't tile itself? I'll try and get image samples soon, so you can see what I mean.

Another problem I have is this: The only way I can get the high quality bitmap of, say, a Marble Black Floor from SS2B is by starting a new dungeon using SS2B draw tools. If I try to get anything else, the quality drops. Why is that? I've tried, with my current DD3 Dungeon style, to use a high quality bitmap Marble Black Floor from SS2B folder, but the image quality is gone!

This software has made me frustrated all day as it simply does not do what I want it to do. I am thinking CC2Pro might be the culprit and I plan on uninstalling that and reinstalling all the CC3 software.

One final question, how exactly do I just have a list of ALL the symbols I own, in their high quality form, so I can use them whenever I use a DD3 template?

Thanks to any that can help. This program has been giving me a headache all day!

Here's the image. As you can see on the left, it's the same image as on the right only it's tiled. That is what this software keeps doing to me, instead of making my floors and walls appear like it should be on the right, it keeps tiling it like on the left. How do I stop that from happening?

Probably texture scale or resolution. Not a CC3 user so I will wait for one. Make sure you add CC# in the header and Neon will come a calling.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Looks like what it is doing, and not 100% sure why, but it is changing the scale of the bitmap. The Bitmaps will always be tile, they are only so big, but on the left, the tiles are simple scaled to a smaller size. I know when I make my maps, I tend to make my walls etc, as simple lines (File Style SOLID, and usually a color I would never use in a map like MAGENTA), once I like how they are looking, I use the MULTIPOLY Tool to combine them into a single entity, and then apply the new BITMAP Fillstyle to that.

See example here: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	34179

Now, the only question I have with your image is, Is that a screen shot from the actual software, or is that a compilation you made? Reasonis I have found that the BITMAPs usually apply to the map as a whole (i.e. you can't have a scaled 10x10 on one layer and a 20x20 of the same bitmap on another layer in the same map)
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Now, the only question I have with your image is, Is that a screen shot from the actual software, or is that a compilation you made? Reasonis I have found that the BITMAPs usually apply to the map as a whole (i.e. you can't have a scaled 10x10 on one layer and a 20x20 of the same bitmap on another layer in the same map)
    It's a screenshot. I think I figured it out, sort of. I've managed to find a way to not get it to tile like that anymore.