Thread: I'm a Noob!!

Post I'm a Noob!!

Hey guys,

Found a link to this site from the Board Game Design Forum (bgdf.com) website. I've been doing freelance design work for over 10 years and I've recently been looking to improve my cartography skills to hopefully launch my own cartography business. Just looking for some people to bounce some ideas off of, learn some new techniques, and get some feedback on my work and this seems like a great site to do that.

You can see some of my work on the websites in my sig. I'll post some of my work soon as I get a feel for the forums.
    Best regards,

Jeffrey Visgaitis
    Artist, Designer, & multiclass Geek
    2d Portfolio | 3d Portfolio

Praise Welcome!

Nice hand-drawn style, painterly color. The oceans could use some more variety - didn't care for the ocean on the Burning Sky map, otherwise very professional.

Welcome to the Guild, many members including myself work with hand-drawn maps in addition to digital map creation. I'm sure you'll have plenty of heads to bounce ideas off.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Nice hand-drawn style, painterly color. The oceans could use some more variety - didn't care for the ocean on the Burning Sky map, otherwise very professional.
    Yeah, I don't care for it either. What would you suggest?
    Best regards,

Jeffrey Visgaitis

Post This site has lots of samples and tutorials

This site is filled to the gills with map samples and tutorials. I suggest you examine the various world maps in the Regional WIP maps threads for starters. A number of GIMP users make excellent oceans.

There's lots of ways to go, I don't know which style will appeal to you most - I like knowing where the shallows are, where continental shelf is located and where the abyssal plains are found using various hues of blue, but that's just me. Check out the site and find the style that works best for you...
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Welcome to the group. Post up some links for us to quickly navigate to.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Welcome to the group. Post up some links for us to quickly navigate to.
    Thanks. Well, here's some of my illustration work. There's a couple maps on this page: http://www.artbyv.com/portfolio-illustration.html
    Best regards,

Jeffrey Visgaitis

Welcome to our corner of the cyberverse, Jeffrey! I have seen some of your work before (over at ENWorld, I believe), and I believe you definitely have the drive and talent to "make it" in the business! (Your website, too, is very professionally done! Wow--impressive pop-ups and such!)

I hope you find some help here at the Guild--and that you give just as much as you get! Once again, welcome!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]