Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One Page Dungeon WIP: The Underground River

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looking great RE - nice colors
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I need to study Torstan's work more and figure out how he gets such clean and smooth line-art...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OPD.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	34300  
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 03-17-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Still interested in finishing! Just need to think this thing through a big more... Need more dressing!

Name:	OPD.jpg 
Views:	527 
Size:	3.53 MB 
ID:	34430  

Remember that each encounter location needs a label, then a text description of what the encounter is (without game mechanics) somewhere on the map. Last year, though my map was a favorite and I hypertext linked an entire adventure in the map - I didn't win because I didn't list what the monster encounters were on the map - which is a requirement for the contest.

Somebody on the previous page of this thread suggested to list your goblin toll-taker as just a toll-taker - it would be better to say 'goblin toll-taker' because just a 'toll-taker' will cause you to not win the contest. Remember this contest features winners in multiple categories, so if I remember right, last year there were something like 15 winners altogether - there are multiple chances to win this contest.

And although there are some great prizes, its the status of 'winning this contest' that has any real meaning -- and I want to win. I want you to win too!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Gameprinter - Thanks for the tips! I've never designed an encounter before, so this will be tricky for me--I hate to have to mark up my map with lots of letters and symbols, but if that is what it takes to win then I'm down for it! Anyhow, I've downloaded all the winning maps from last year and will model my textual entries off them--hopefully that will put me on the right path.

Well look at my map entry (on this board, and right now the thread below yours). You'll note I have a title of the map, all chambers with encounters listed (no mechanics), my name, a link to the Creative Commons License, and the map itself - all following the requirements of the contest.

If you want to keep your map unlabeled for personal uses, just save the labeled version as a separate file name, so you can have both! Also remember that the final map needs to be 300 dpi, as a JPG, Doc, or PDF file.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Okay, I think I am about finished unless anyone noticed anything I forgot or should add/subtract. I think I covered all the requirements: 300dpi .jpg, name, author, key, licence with link. The goblins' spelling mistakes are intentional. Any others are not... already fixed the "liscence" typos in the bottom right, by the way.

I worked in the cave art and even the cave sharks. Anyway, let me know what you think!

--Thanks to Steel General, anstette, jfrazierjr, rdanhenry, gameprinter, and tilt for your advice and kind words!

Name:	OnePageEntry - Joshua Bennett.jpg 
Views:	1287 
Size:	2.89 MB 
ID:	34450  
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 03-17-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fantastic RE
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Thanks a bunch, JT! There are some pretty awesome prizes listed on the O.P.D. page--here's hoping I can take a couple home.

Will you be participating!?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks really nice, man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast