Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gantarion

Default Gantarion

Heya, some piece I've been working on for a private campaign setting. Not entirely finished (labels are still missing) but this one is mainly to get all textures and styles correct for the other maps... Just hope I get to complete all them some day

cheers, DJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	myWorldPart 1.jpg 
Views:	876 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	34377  
    Last edited by Djekspek; 03-14-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Oh my goodness, that's awesome. I love the coloring - both of the main map and the inset. It's wonderful. Makes me want to map more myself which means it inspires me to do more. Thanks for sharing. I do wish I could zoom in more though
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Holy smokes! That's gorgeous! Rep from me.
    M

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

This map is fantastic! I love the texture and especially the smaller map in the right hand corner denoting where it is in the world. Very very well done with lots of finesse, Bravo!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Incredible. Repped (I wish I could zoom WAY in and drink in all the awesomeness)
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Holy Shnykies! That is a beautiful map! As others have pointed out the colors and textures are marvelous. I'd love to see a larger version of this map. Thanks for the inspiration.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

thanks guys! Odd thing is that when you work on a map yourself, you never know whether people gonna like it, you're sort of locked in your own mind and don't know if you hit the right tone. But I'm glad you like it and think it's inspiring This one was made to present in this size/zoom-level (and will look odd when zoomed in), but maybe when I do another one in this style of this continent, I can take more detail into account. cheers, DJ

I know what you mean, when I work on something for a long time I start to think it's boring or something. There are some maps I've made that didn't take me very long and folks are like, "Wow, that's your best one ever" and I'm sitting there saying, "Seriously? Why?". LOL

I think that's just the artist's bane we all deal with.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

look so professional

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast