Thread: Lite challenge Question??

Default Lite challenge Question??

Whats up with the Lite challenge ? Maybe I misunderstood but I thought it ran from the 15th to the 10th then 5 days of voting. Then the cycle restarts. Today is the 12th. No voting has been posted. Is there a problem or rules change ?
    I am hoping after the contest to get some much needed C&C! I really want to know how to improve my mapping. C&C has been really thin!! What looks right?, what not?, alternate ways to achieve things? etc !!
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Lite Challenge runs from the 15th to the 15th. You still have 3 days
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

For quite a while now, its much more likely that the voting starts on the 15th, and new challenge is posted 2-3 days afterwards, near the end of the voting.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yep... we should change the rules to reflect that date change... I remember I got confused about it when I started in the light challenges as well. CC is always nice to get, however - sometimes you just hit a period where everybody is busy with their own IRL stuff and just don't get much input if any ... happens to all of us
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Well Gosh Darn !! Thanks for the update
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

We've also had some discussions on C&C in the past because of this. Most of the time if someone else has already stated C&C that we agree with, we don't post anything more (Unless we don't have something to add that is). Also, if your style is something that we are unfamiliar with then C&C tends to be a little thin. If you are using a software that we don't know much or anything about we tend to keep our comments to ourselves and let someone else who knows it do the work.

Those are just a few additional reasons C&C can be light, other than when everyone gets busy.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    We've also had some discussions on C&C in the past because of this. Most of the time if someone else has already stated C&C that we agree with, we don't post anything more (Unless we don't have something to add that is). Also, if your style is something that we are unfamiliar with then C&C tends to be a little thin. If you are using a software that we don't know much or anything about we tend to keep our comments to ourselves and let someone else who knows it do the work.

Those are just a few additional reasons C&C can be light, other than when everyone gets busy.
    I know for me that unless I'm completely comfortable with what I'm talking about I tend to keep my comments to myself. I would hate to give feedback or technique help and be wrong.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.