Thread: Sundera, ca. 560

Default Sundera, ca. 560

Some kind of historical map.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sundera560.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	614.7 KB 
ID:	34375

I really love colourful maps. Is this based on a book or novel?

Nice

Good one, Carstairs. Leaves me wanting to learn more about what's beyond the edge of the map!

Thanks, I'm glad there's someone who likes the colored style. I have to admit a big reason to do it is I haven't been able to do a more artistic style map that's any good. But the colors do serve a purpose of sorts, they're supposed to indicate relationships between the groups. That's why all the purple is in the south.

It's not from a book or anything. I just find myself extrapolating the history and ethnology and stuff when I'm working on a map. Putting a little of that in the map seemed to make sense, though I wonder if it doesn't just make it confusing.

This map is set in the past of the map I was trying to make, so, I have no real idea what's going on in the western half of the continent. In the "modern" version, the other side is the realm of a Sauron type dark lord. The same natural disasters that led to the migrations has no doubt left those lands in chaos, and perhaps paved the way for the rise of the bad guys.