Thread: Tsunami damage - before and after

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Tsunami damage - before and after

Here is a link to view the devastation the tsunami have wreaked. You can drag across the pictures to change between before and after the tsunami. Scary how fast so much can be destroyed.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/ja...eforeafter.htm
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I've got family over in Japan, but I learned from my cousin, Hiroshi's Facebook Page that everyone family-wise is OK. Fortunately most of my Japanese relatives live in Tokyo/Yokohama area which is on the central eastern coast , while the rest of the family live in western parts of Honshu, or Kyushu to the south - south of the Sendai area where the Earthquake epicenter and the main tsunami damage took place. So everyone is out of harms way. However, there is now a volcanic eruption going on in Kyushu, and my cousin, Kumi, Hiroshi's sister and family live in Kyushu - so there's that. Other than ash deposits, I think she is still relatively safe as well.

It was kind of scary in the first 24 hours of the event for me, as I hadn't heard from relatives yet. Hiroshi works 10 miles from his home, and on Friday had to walk home, because all the trains were out of service at the time - so rather inconvenient for him, but at least not a danger.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm glad everybody in your familiy are allright.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Yeah, glad to hear that. I was wondering if you had family there myself. Glad they are alright for now. I'm still concerned for all the people who are having to live without homes at the moment. I understand it's winter cold there right now.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Saw some of them on BBC, truly devastating.
    Blog: Too much game lore? | Diablo 3 guest passes
    Riftforge: (WIP) Map of Rift Isle, protected by elite raiders ( Play now }