Thread: Shrine of the Grove

Map Shrine of the Grove

This long forgotten shrine rests deep in the swamp, far from the civilization that left it behind eons ago. Although much of the stonework and structure show signs of wear, the spirits of the forest infuse the surroundings and keep the Shrine from decaying into oblivion.
    This is my second work submitted to Cartographer's Guild. Done primarily in photoshop, I began the layout on pen and paper, then fleshed out areas in Dungeonographer. I took that base to PS and then painted and textured my way to this point. Pretty far in the process and pretty happy with what I've created, but I am always open the the great criticism available here. Thanks and Enjoy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shrine of the Grove - outside.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	2.83 MB 
ID:	39965Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shrine of the Grove - inside.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	3.58 MB 
ID:	39963

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looks like a fine start.

You might consider shortening and darkening up the drop-shadows, they are causing a bad case of the 'Floaties'
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I might give it a little more diffusion then. I want to give the impression that those walkways are 15' above the water, so the 'floaties' may be unavoidable.